Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Twin Update- 5 months


Gosh I can't believe that I have not written anymore about my little ones.  But I need to get it down so I can remember these moments forever.  This last month I have truly started to realize how fleeting this stage is in my life.  While I yearn for some things to change (diapers) I am saddened by how independent they both are becoming.  So for a few updates on these babies

Lydia:
My first born is turning into the sweetest little thing ever.  There are many days where I am beyond thankful for your easy-going temperament and sweet smile.  You are more than happy to be held and snuggle right in (you have been a lover since day one).  You are now smiling and laughing .  When you first started to laugh you would startle yourself and then cry-now you take joy in your new way of communicating.You would much rather be held and than play, but if you have a mirror in front of you-you are pretty smitten with yourself.  You sleep through the night and take awesome naps-you are an amazing sleeper!  You love to blow bubbles, pet Leo, and give hugs.  You are still eating 5 ounces, you were 3-9 month clothing.  You are doing better with the rice cereal, but at the end of the day you are more interested in our food than your cereal. 

Lydia at 2 months old
Lydia at 3 months old
Lydia at 5 months old

Lydia at 5 months old


Clara:
My strong-willed, tiny but sassy one. You also recently started wanted to feed yourself with a spoon and a bottle.  It is so amazing to watch you try to complete any tasks.  You use to hate tummy time-until you learned to roll over now you love tummy time as long as you decide to be on your tummy. You still love your wubbie (pacifier) but now enjoy throwing it, picking it up, and trying to put it in your mouth.  You also really like your exersaucer and if you are not tired play in it for hours.  You are eating 5 ounces and for the most part sleep through the night.  Teething for you has started so that has affected your sleep a bit.  You love to blow bubbles, give kisses, and tell us all about it!  You can wear 0-3 and most 3-6 month clothes.  You are tiny peanut!  
Clara at 2 months old 

Clara at 3 months old
Clara at 4 months old
Clara at 5 months old 


I can't believe I have not written down anything before.  Months 0-3 seem like blurs.  You both are so much fun to be around and every day my joy and love grows.  You both are truly great babies and we get compliments all the time on how happy you both are.  I still can't believe you were entrusted to us and we get to raise you and watch each and every milestone.  Now please try to be tiny a little bit longer :)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment