Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sugar and Spice... Snow and Ice



 Nothing like the internet being down and another snow storm to get some quilts done.  I can't wait for these girls to be here and snuggled up on them! 


Each quilt is filled with some of my all time favorite prints. These are prints that I have saved over the years for a one day baby quilt...who knew I would be making two!!!  It was fun to think about our life at the time when I bought the fabrics.  There are also a few special blocks from other quilters mixed in too. 
 


I also did simple quilting (gasp!) I just quilted around the stars with a pink variegated thread. I also did a single fold binding.  I am not sure what I was thinking and used the binding fabric for another project not leaving me enough for a double fold.  Then I could not find the print anywhere anymore. 



Each quilt is a little bit different.  Clara's quilt has more pink and her bedding is pink (right).  Lydia's has more peach and her bedding is peach (left).  I love how they are similar, yet different.


Taking these pictures with a 3 foot snow bank 34 weeks pregnant was probably not the best idea.  Luckily I had an assistant on the scene who helped by showing me the best way up the bank, and eating snow that might get in the way! 







No comments:

Post a Comment